Borrowing, renewing, or requesting books: these are just a few of the functions that our front-line staff can help you with. Stop by the circulation desk and visit us.
access online resources and services
see which books you have checked out and when they are due
place, monitor, or cancel your recalls and hold requests
view any outstanding fines
adjust your personal display profile
re-run your saved searches
Overdue or recall fines are assessed when you don’t return an item that you checked out on the due date.
Fines will accumulate until the overdue item is returned or the maximum fine is reached.
A fine is not assessed to your account until the item has been returned to the Library.
Faculty, lecturers, post-doctorates, and visiting scholars
|Access to electronic
maximum of 20
maximum of 20 books
|Journals||Two weeks||Two weeks||No||No|
Only two reserve items may be borrowed at the same time
Please note that all borrowers are guaranteed a loan period of 7 days, after which items are subject to recall by other borrowers. Persons with disabilities may be granted term loan if they are registered with the AccessAbility Services office.
- In person (bring your items to any Tri-Universities Group circulation desk)
- Renew your books online
- Renewing library materials - by phone 519-888-4600
You won’t be able to renew your books if your library account has been suspended because of fines or overdues.
Course reserves and Interlibrary loan items cannot be renewed.
The Library offers scanning, cash printing on public computers, or uPrint on photocopiers; photocopyingcan be done with your WATCard.
- 10 cents a page
- No colour
- Scan to USB is available at the photocopiers
- Search PRIMO to locate the book.
- Click the “Locations & Requests” tab for items available at one of the Tri-University Group of Libraries, but not available at your home library
- You will need to “sign in” with the 14 digit barcode on your WatCard and your last name in order to place a request
- Choose HOLD for items that are NOT checked out.
- Choose RECALL for items that are checked out.
- Be sure to specify the location that you would like to pick up your items.
- If you search for an item in PRIMO and it is not available at one of the Tri-University Group Libraries, you may still request the item from another library.
- Use the RACER link at the top of the PRIMO page, to search for books and journal articles available at other libraries and have the items delivered to your choice of campus library location.
If there is an item that is not in the Library at St. Jerome’s University, please do not hesitate to fill out the "Request item for purchase" form! Suggestions will be evaluated by the Librarian according to our Collection Development Policy.