What would you tell your younger self about St. Jerome’s University? Being an Experience Guide is your chance to live that conversation. It’s a serious responsibility – you’ll be a walking, talking advertisement for the values found here.
When high school students and their families arrive for their initial look it will all be up to you:
- To show them more than the buildings
- To communicate the friendship, learning, caring, service, community spirit – and fun!
- To tell your own stories about that hilarious time in the cafeteria, or the crazy birthday bash your roommate organized
- To bring the environment to life so that they can picture themselves here
If you’re mature, energetic, enthusiastic, and affiliated with St. Jerome’s University, whatever your program, you’re invited to apply for this volunteer leadership position. It’s an excellent way to get involved in the community, impart your enthusiasm to visiting students, and foster your professional and personal development. These are just some of the benefits:
- Receive training on all aspects of the University, learn how to conduct effective tours, and find out how to interact and engage with prospective students.
- Enjoy fulfilling encounters with prospective students, their families, and guests of the University.
- Enhance your knowledge and skills in a number of areas:
- Marketing and recruitment
- Open House event planning
- Public speaking
- What’s required?
- Attend a Student Leader session on Friday, September 30 (evening).
- Attend the mandatory training and orientation session on Saturday, October 1st (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.), and the Fall Open House briefing on Friday, November.
- Work with your Chief Experience Officer to ensure that you’re comfortable in your role.
- Give a successful mock tour before you take on your first prospective students.
- Participate in the Fall Open House on November 5 (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
Have you been an Experience Guide in the past and are looking to stay involved at St. Jerome’s University? Applications for Chief Experience Officer are accepted yearly; stay tuned for the next round!