We’re thrilled that you’ve chosen to join us in the fall! Whether you’ve accepted your offer in June or made your decision earlier, we want you to know what you can look forward to between June and September.
We’re getting ready to welcome you into the SJU community, and we’ve planned special events and programs to help you feel at home even before you start your studies.
- In June you’ll be invited to a New Student Welcome event where you can get a head start on meeting fellow classmates and SJU staff face to face.
- You’ll see September Orientation events on the list for all Waterloo students to anticipate, but at St. Jerome’s University we add an extra dimension – our Orientation Investiture Liturgy. At that time we’ll take the warm SJU welcome you’ll experience every day and make it official by presenting you with your own SJU pin to celebrate the beginning of your new university life and your full membership in the SJU community
You’ll want to take a look at these upcoming opportunities and reminders about items you’ll need to check off your list:
- If you’re not an Ontario high school students, arrange to send us your final transcript.
- Request your fall term classes/check your schedule. If you’ve accepted an early offer, we want you to know that we’ll be sending you information and instructions about class selection right before you’ll need it in June. It might seem like a long way off, but we want you to know that we haven’t forgotten about you – we just need to wait until all of the offers have been made so that everyone can select their classes together. And of course, we’re happy to answer your questions any time.
- Pay your tuition and residence fees by the August deadline.
- Get helpful tips and links to popular areas on campus.
- If you’re in co-op, find out when you first co-op work term begins.
- Learn about Orientation in September.
- Pick-up your WatCard – your Waterloo student ID card.
- Check out the Faculty of Arts summer programs to help you prepare for a successful tranition to Waterloo.
- Configure your Waterloo email address and have it forwarded to your existing email address if you wish.