Mandate and Scope
Through a consultative and collaborative process, the Working Group will engage the St. Jerome’s University community in preparatory work required for the development of a comprehensive University EDI action plan. The Working Group’s scope should focus on five areas within the University:
- Hiring Systems and Practices
- Curriculum and Programs
- Outreach, Recruiting, and Marketing
- Campus Culture
General Duties and Responsiblities
The general duties and responsibilities of this Working Group are the following:
- Consult with and seek feedback from students, faculty, and staff, as well as other key external stakeholder groups on current EDI initiatives and practices.
- Identify strengths and unique challenges related to EDI at SJU.
- Compile meaningful and measurable data, which will be used in formulating success indicators.
- Conduct an environmental survey of promising EDI practices in other universities.
- Submit a final report to the President containing recommendations that will form the basis of an SJU EDI action plan.
- Cristina Vanin, (Interim) Vice President Academic and Dean (co-chair)
- Mike Gourlay, Executive Director of Finance and Administration (co-chair)
- Veronica Austen, Associate Dean
- Michelle Watson, Director of Human Resources
- John Arnou, (Acting) Director, Student Affairs
- Martha Fauteux, Director, Campus Ministry
- Sue Brubacher, Director, Enrolment and Upper Year Transition
- Gina Hickman, Director of Equity, University of Waterloo
- Two faculty members (elected by SJU full-time faculty and CAS)
- Two student members (appointed in consultation with the SJU Students' Union)
The Working Group should aim to complete its work on or before October 15, 2020.