DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
Reporting to the CFO & Executive Director, Finance and Administration the Director of Human Resources provides support, guidance, and leadership for all university employee groups and administration with respect to human resource management. The Director, Human Resources is accountable for the development, execution, and evaluation of all HR initiatives necessary to meet the strategic objectives of the university. Why St. Jerome’s University? At. St. Jerome’s University, we embrace and celebrate the philosophy of educating the whole person – intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our commitment to academic excellence and to the integration of knowledge, research, and experiential learning allows us to inspire learning and discovery not only in our students but also in those with whom we interact. We foster a respectful, inclusive community that is centered on the well-being of our students and the promotion of the common good.
How will you contribute as Director, Human Resources?
• You will develop the HR Strategic Plan and programs
• You will provide coaching and development to managers and staff • You will draft policies and procedures
• You will be actively involved in labour relations negotiations and the administration of collective agreements
As a successful Director, Human Resources you possess:
• Undergraduate degree and 3-5 years of progressive experience as an HR Business Partner or Advisor
• Experience in both unionized and non-unionized environments, including bargaining collective agreements is highly desirable
• CHRL designation is required
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legal practices, employment and labour legislation and regulations, and best practices and concepts related to human resource management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
• Strong leadership and organizational skills • Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
• Proven track record of developing and implementing strategic programs and initiatives
The Way We Work & Live
Employees have opportunities to participate in our community, work within cross-organizational teams, demonstrate their commitment to learning and development, and contribute to the University’s mission. As a federated university with the University of Waterloo, St. Jerome’s University employees, just like our students, enjoy the advantages of a small community while have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the greater community.
To Apply: Please send your resume, Attention: Mike Gourlay, CFO & Executive Director, Finance and Administration, to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 23, 2020.
The University respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged.