Darren holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Windsor Business School, a Master of Local Economic Development and an Honours Bachelor in Planning from the University of Waterloo. Darren also is a certified Human Resources Professional and retains the designation CHRL.
Outside of St. Jerome’s University, Darren held a seat on the Canadian Association of University Business Officers (CAUBO) National Human Resources Committee for two terms, ending June 2016. Additionally, Darren holds a seat on the Lean Construction Institute (LCI), Canadian Chapter Board of Directors and sits on the Board of Directors for the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) Grand Valley Chapter.
- St. Jerome’s University lead for Campus Renewal 2015 Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) build
- Development and execution of strategic plans for all areas of accountability
- Execution of a comprehensive LEAN operations plan
- Building a Lean culture and seeking operational innovations to enhance resource efficiencies
- Implementing an auditing and reporting Finance and Accounting framework
- Initiating improved institutional analysis tools
- Establishing a long term ancillary operations model