If you are a new or returning student to St. Jerome’s University, we welcome you to a different world of learning created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our staff and faculty are committed to providing you with a safe and positive learning environment, in what we recognize are challenging circumstances. Together we are all adjusting to new delivery modes for courses, and offering student-centered services that can be accessed in-person or remotely.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, our Return to Campus Committee is working within the guidelines set out by the Ontario Government, Community Public Health, and the University of Waterloo, to ensure our return to campus is responsible and safe for everyone. In addition to best practices that include distancing, wearing face coverings, and additional cleaning, the University is pleased to support a mandatory self-declaration of vaccination status policy for those accessing campus, and a mandatory vaccination policy for residents of SJU.
As a community we share a responsibility. To protect each other. To keep campus safe and comply with protocols in place. To reach out to use resources when days are challenging. Whether you find yourself on campus, or studying remotely, our team is ready to support you. Please connect if you need us.
We hope that the quick links below will help support your success this term, and to remain encouraged as we move through this challenging time together.
Carol Ann MacGregor
Vice President Academic and Dean
Your Health. Our Priority.
- Self-declaration of vaccination requirement to be on campus.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the University of Waterloo and COVID-19
- A COVID-19 Testing Assessment Centre is available for UW students, postdocs, employees, and their families, in the University of Waterloo Health Services (located across from SJU's Academic Centre). Testing is available by appointment only. Please book an appointment to be tested if you are showing COVID-19 symptoms, OR if a public health unit or the COVID Alert app notifies you that you have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus. Learn more at Campus Wellness. Bi-weekly testing is required for any unvaccinated person accessing campus.
- University of Waterloo COVID-19 Support and Advice webform, which is monitored by Health Services.
- Campus Access Map—Navigate campus and access restricted buildings using directional pathways.
- Contact tracing on campus—WatSafe, COVID-19 self-assessment tool, and checking in before you come to campus.
- Living in Residence—Residence Policies Handbook, and the COVID-19 Information, Guideline, and Agreement
- Warriors Protect Warriors - A message from the University of Waterloo's Director of Safety to all students living in residence, about their role in preventing an outbreak on campus.
- Wellness Resources
- Food services on campus are provided by Dana Hospitality for students living in residence. For a complete listing of University of Waterloo food outlets available please visit https://uwaterloo.ca/food-services/locations-and-hours
- Student Affairs - Supporting your success with course advising, wellness counselling, and peer-to-peer support.
- Library Services - The library is closed with no access to the physical collection. Online resources are available at www.lib.uwaterloo.ca. Library staff are monitoring the firstname.lastname@example.org email, between 9:00a.m. and 4:30p.m., Monday to Friday.
- SJU Students’ Union - clubs, programming, and resource guide
- University of Waterloo - https://uwaterloo.ca/coronavirus/return-campus
- University of Waterloo - Guidelines for addressing COVID-19 violations