OPERATIONS AND PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
The Operations and Project Administrator reports to the Executive Director, Finance and Administration, and supports the work of all University operations departments, including Finance and IT, with particular emphasis on initiatives within the Department of Facilities, and the Business Operations Department. The Operations and Project Administrator works with the Executive Director, Finance and Administration to operationalize the units’ strategic initiatives and contributes to the strategies and plans of the Finance and Administration Portfolio independently and as a team member.
Why St. Jerome’s University?
At. St. Jerome’s University, we embrace and celebrate the philosophy of educating the whole person – intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our commitment to academic excellence and to the integration of knowledge, research, and experiential learning allows us to inspire learning and discovery not only in our students but also in those with whom we interact. We foster a respectful, inclusive community that is centered on the well-being of our students and the promotion of the common good.
How will you contribute as Operations and Project Administrator?
- You will administer the contract management, risk management, and procurement processes
- You will coordinate and facilitate internal and external communication regarding day to day operations and initiatives of the Finance and Administration portfolio
- You will provide support to the Business Operations department to assist in the smooth delivery of conference services, and to enhance existing services and develop new revenue generation initiatives
- You will foster effective relationships internally and externally, in support of the work of the University and the Finance and Administration portfolio
As a successful Operations and Project Administrator you possess:
- Undergraduate degree and 3-5 years of progressive experience working in business operations and/or facilities administration work environments, preferably in an academic setting
- Experience in contract management and risk management program administration, and procurement processes considered an asset
- Previous experience in assisting with policy development desirable
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and exercise good judgment
- Strong project management, planning and coordination skills with a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Personal initiative, sound judgment, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and process confidential and sensitive material in a professional manner
The Way We Work & Live
Employees have opportunities to participate in our community, work within cross-organizational teams, demonstrate their commitment to learning and development, and contribute to the University’s mission. As a federated university with the University of Waterloo, St. Jerome’s University employees, just like our students, enjoy the advantages of a small community while have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the greater community.
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com by December 1, 2019.
The University respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged.