DIRECTOR, CAMPUS MINISTRY
The Director, Campus Ministry works to promote and sustain an effective evangelical ministry, dedicated to witnessing and promoting gospel values in the milieu of post-secondary Roman Catholic education, reaching the broader university campus and where applicable, the local community. This ministry fosters the spiritual growth and faith development of students, staff, faculty, graduates and members of University Catholic Community (UCC). The Director, Campus Ministry is commissioned by the approval of the Bishop of Hamilton, in whose diocese St. Jerome’s University resides.
How will you contribute as Director, Campus Ministry?
- You will develop, plan and execute a strategic plan for Campus Ministry that supports the University’s mission and future vision
- You will provide spiritual guidance and pastoral counselling to all community members, with a focus on adult faith formation and supporting the student community
- You will collaborate with all student service areas at SJU and UW to augment delivery of Campus Ministry initiatives
- You will oversee the building and management of relationships with the Diocese, priests, religious communities, and external partners
- You will practice and promote inclusivity within the University, Diocese, and broader community
As a successful Director, Campus Ministry you possess:
- Masters of Divinity or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years experience in Pastoral Counselling and/or Spiritual Direction
- 3 - 5 years of experience and formation in Roman Catholic liturgical theory and practice
- Student program development and evaluation
- Knowledge of student development theory
- Active engagement in Roman Catholic tradition, worship, and intellectual tradition of Roman Catholicism
- Familiarity with the needs of students and the requirements of university life
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Experience working in diverse and complex environments
The Way We Work & Live
Employees have opportunities to participate in our community, work within cross-organizational teams, demonstrate their commitment to learning and development, and contribute to the University’s mission. As a federated university with the University of Waterloo, St. Jerome’s University employees, just like our students, enjoy the advantages of a small community while have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the greater community.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2020. Cover letters may be addressed to Dr. Peter Meehan, President and Vice Chancellor.
The University respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged. Candidates requiring accommodation should contact the Director, Human Resources by emailing email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.