In the Key of Dale. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp Press, forthcoming in 2022.
Edited Critical Anthologies
The L.M. Montgomery Reader, Volume 3: A Legacy in Review. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2015. Paperback edition, 2020.
The L.M. Montgomery Reader, Volume 2: A Critical Heritage. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2014. Paperback edition, 2020.
The L.M. Montgomery Reader, Volume 1: A Life in Print. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2013. Paperback edition, 2020.
Edited Collections of Essays
Textual Transformations in Children’s Literature: Adaptations, Translations, Reconsiderations. New York: Routledge, 2013. Paperback edition, 2015.
Anne’s World: A New Century of Anne of Green Gables. Jointly with Irene Gammel. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2010.
Edited Trade Editions
Rilla of Ingleside, by L.M. Montgomery. Jointly with Andrea McKenzie. Toronto: Viking Canada, 2010. Paperback edition by Penguin Canada, 2011.
The Blythes Are Quoted, by L.M. Montgomery. Toronto: Viking Canada, 2009. Paperback edition by Penguin Canada, 2010. Penguin Modern Classics Edition, 2018.
- Italian translation: Racconti dall’isola [Stories from the Island], Vol. 1: Prima della Guerra [Before the War]; Vol. 2: Subtitle TBD. Translated by Angela Ricci. Rome: Gallucci Editore, 2021, 2022.
- Brazilian Portuguese translation: Os Contos dos Blythes [The Tales of the Blythes] (2 vols.) and Os Poemas dos Blythes [The Poems of the Blythes]. Translated by Thalita Uba. São Paulo: Ciranda Cultural, 2020.
- Japanese translation: An no Omoide no Hibi [Anne’s Days of Remembrance] (2 vols.). Translated by Mie Muraoka. Tokyo: Shinchosha, 2012.
- Polish translation: Ania z Wyspy Księcia Edwarda [Anne of Prince Edward Island]. Translated by Paweł Ciemniewski. Krakow: Wydawnictwo Literackie, 2011.
- Finnish translation: Annan jäähyväiset [Anne’s Farewell]. Translated by Marja Helanen-Ahtola. Helsinki: Werner Söderström Osakeyhtiö, 2010.
Edited Book Series
The L.M. Montgomery Library. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2018–.
• Twice upon a Time: Selected Stories, 1898–1939 (forthcoming in 2022)
• A World of Songs: Selected Poems, 1894–1921 (2019)
• A Name for Herself: Selected Writings, 1891–1917 (2018)
Early Canadian Literature Series. Waterloo: Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 2014–.
• Recollections of a Forest Life: The Life and Travels of Kah-ge-ga-gah-bowh, by George Copway, afterword by Deanna Reder (forthcoming in 2022)
• The New Race, by William H.H. Johnson, afterword by Jade Ferguson (forthcoming in 2022)
• Argimou: A Legend of the Micmac, by S. Douglass S. Huyghue, afterword by Gwendolyn Davies (2017)
• In Due Season, by Christine van der Mark, afterword by Carole Gerson and Janice Dowson (2016)
• The Flying Years, by Frederick Niven, afterword by Alison Calder (2015)
• The Forest of Bourg-Marie, by S. Frances Harrison, afterword by Cynthia Sugars (2015)
• The Seats of the Mighty, by Gilbert Parker, afterword by Andrea Cabajsky (2015)
• The Traditional History and Characteristic Sketches of the Ojibway Nation, by George Copway, afterword by Shelley Hulan (2014)
• Painted Fires, by Nellie L. McClung, afterword by Cecily Devereux (2014)
• The Foreigner: A Tale of Saskatchewan, by Ralph Connor, afterword by Daniel Coleman (2014)
Edited Journal Issue
“Reassessments of L.M. Montgomery.” Canadian Children's Literature / Littérature canadienne pour la jeunesse 113–14 (Spring–Summer 2004).
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
Twenty refereed journal articles and book chapters in Canadian Children’s Literature / Littérature canadienne pour la jeunesse, Canadian Literature, Children’s Literature Association Quarterly, English Studies in Canada, Essays on Canadian Writing, Journal of Canadian Studies / Revue d’études canadiennes, Journal of Religion and Culture, Studies in Canadian Literature / Études en littérature canadienne, Voix plurielles, and in books published by Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Routledge, Springer, University of Toronto Press, and Wilfrid Laurier University Press, 1999–
Selected Shorter Publications
Introduction, “A Note on the Text,” “Suggestions for Further Reading.” In Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery, xvii–xxx, xxxi–xxxiii, xxxv–xxxvi. New York: Penguin Books, 2017. Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition.
“Introduction: Some Words on Home Words.” Jeunesse: Young People, Texts, Cultures 1, no. 1 (Summer 2009): 94–95.
“The Plaid Shirts in My Closet.” English Studies in Canada 35, no. 2–3 (June–September 2009): 14–17.
Introduction to A Tangled Web, by Lucy Maud Montgomery, 9–18. Toronto: Dundurn Press, 2009. Voyageur Classics: Books That Explore Canada.
“L.M. Montgomery and Her Publishers.” Historical Perspectives on Canadian Publishing, McMaster University/Queen’s University/University of Toronto Thomas Fisher Rare Books Library, 2009. http://hpcanpub.mcmaster.ca/case-study/lm-montgomery-and-her-publishers.
“Cooney, Caroline”; “Hardy Boys Series”; “Korman, Gordon”; “Mazer, Harry”; “Mazer, Norma Fox”; “Nancy Drew”; “Stratemeyer Syndicate.” In The Oxford Encyclopedia of Children’s Literature, edited by Jack Zipes, 1: 343; 2: 201; 2: 381; 3: 48; 3: 48–49; 4: 134; 4: 53–54. New York: Oxford University Press, 2006.