If you’re interested in a career that combines customer service excellence while providing exceptional administration support, this is the position for you. Reporting to the Director, Advancement, the Advancement Coordinator plays a key role in providing office and administrative support for all advancement services, donor relations and advancement events. Operating from a standard of guest service excellence, the Advancement Coordinator plays a key role in building and stewarding sustainable relationships with alumni, donors, partners and friends in support of the university’s strategic plan.
Why St. Jerome’s University?
At. St. Jerome’s University, we embrace and celebrate the philosophy of educating the whole person – intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our commitment to academic excellence and to the integration of knowledge, research, and experiential learning allows us to inspire learning and discovery not only in our students but also in those with whom we interact. We foster a respectful, inclusive community that is centered on the well-being of our students and the promotion of the common good.
How will you contribute as and Advancement Coordinator?
- You will be actively involved in establishing the Office of Advancement’s standard of customer excellence, specifically all verbal and written interactions with donors, friends, alumni and partners
- You will provide management of Raiser’s Edge including issuing tax receipts, donor and alumni updates, routine maintenance, and monthly transfers as required
- You will be practiced in social media and have experience in how it can be best used to leverage engagement and re-engagement with alumni, friends, partners and donors
- You will be experienced in writing and developing the Annual Fund appeal letters
- You will have a deep understanding of donor impact and accountability
As a successful Advancement Coordinator you possess:
- A University degree and 2-4 years of administrative experience, experience working in fundraising and/or advancement is preferred
- Experience in a front facing customer service role
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work exceptionally well with both internal and external stakeholders
- Familiarity with stewardship practices of relationship-building and engagement as they relate to alumni, donors and friends of the university
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Experience in data processing and with data management systems
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Preference will be given to candidates with database experience (Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud) SharePoint, MailChimp, Tickefi
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team with a high degree of accuracy, confidentiality and quick turnaround when required
- Knowledge and experience with all forms of social media – Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours when needed
The Way We Work & Live
Employees have opportunities to participate in our community, work within cross-organizational teams, demonstrate their commitment to learning and development, and contribute to the University’s mission. As a federated university with the University of Waterloo, St. Jerome’s University employees,
just like our students, enjoy the advantages of a small community while have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the greater community.
To view the full job description, follow this link.
To Apply: Please send your resume, Attention: Viola Poletes Montgomery Director, Advancement to email@example.com by February 24, 2020.
The University respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged. We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.