Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Office: President’s Office
Type of Employment: Contract
Duration: 12 months (to begin January 2019)
Salary: $44,990 - $56,238 (with extended health benefits)
The Administrative Assistant to the President provides comprehensive administrative and functional support to the President of St. Jerome's University and their office. The public relations inherent in this position require a high level of sensitivity to the very diverse nature of the University’s environment, resources both human and material, public persona and community relationships. The Administrative Assistant works with other departments of SJU when they require the involvement of the President.
- Responsible for the management of the President’s calendar
- Monitors expenses and completes expense reimbursement claims
- Books travel arrangements for the President
- Schedules, organizes, and attends meetings, takes minutes and produces meeting notes, handles responses and attends to special requests for all meetings involving the President.
- Anticipates requirements and assembles material and briefings for meetings, events and appointments; includes drafting agendas, letters, and other correspondences; preparing handouts and reports; assisting with electronic presentation notes or other supporting materials.
- Coordinates arrangements for functions hosted by the Office of the President
- Periodic lifting and carrying of heavy, awkward parcels and deliveries
- Work other than traditional work day from time to time, including evenings and weekends
- Regular office environment including utilization of various mediums of communication
- Post-secondary education and 1-3 years related experience
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and communication skills
- Professionalism and superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain highly organized and to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a constantly changing and demanding environment
- Ability to manage and process confidential and material in a professional manner
Please email applications to email@example.com by December 19, 2018. Cover letters may be addressed to Kerry Eamer, Director, Human Resources.
Candidates requiring accommodation should contact the Director, Human Resources. The university respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.