The Accounting Assistant is responsible for all accounting transactions related to accounts receivable and accounts payable. The position also provides additional accounting and data-entry support to the Finance & Accounting team, as requested. The position is a 12-month temporary contract.
Why St. Jerome's University?
At. St. Jerome’s University, we embrace and celebrate the philosophy of educating the whole person – intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our commitment to academic excellence and to the integration of knowledge, research, and experiential learning allows us to inspire learning and discovery not only in our students but also in those with whom we interact. We foster a respectful, inclusive community that is centered on the well-being of our students and the promotion of the common good.
How will you contribute as an Accounting Assistant?
- You will process Accounts Payable, including issuing purchase orders, processing employee expenses and processing vendor invoices
- You will process Accounts Receivable, including processing customer invoices, monitoring accounts receivable for potential follow up, and work with external departments to ensure billing is complete
- You will reconcile accounts
- You will provide data entry support for Payroll
- You will assist with year-end audit preparation and analysis
As a successful Accounting Assistant, you possess:
- 1+ years’ accounting experience required
- College diploma in a related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good understanding of accounting standards and controls
- Experience with Microsoft NAV would be an asset
- Experience with ADP TeamPay would be an asset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and processes to meet deadlines and achieve objectives
- Adherence to confidentiality of information and demonstrates honesty, and integrity of the highest quality
- Demonstrate personal initiative, sound judgment, strong interpersonal and organizational, and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
The Way We Work & Live
Employees have opportunities to participate in our community, work within cross-organizational teams, demonstrate their commitment to learning and development, and contribute to the University’s mission. As a federated university with the University of Waterloo, St. Jerome’s University employees, just like our students, enjoy the advantages of a small community while have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the greater community.
Please email applications to email@example.com by November 27, 2020. Cover letters may be addressed to Saphron Moule, Director, Finance and Accounting.
The University respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged. Candidates requiring accommodation should contact the Director, Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.